New members are always welcome and we take pride in making Bowmoor Sailing Club a family friendly, relaxed and informal place for new members.
As a member you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Unlimited use of the water and centre facilities for 365 days per year, with the most useable area of water in the local area.
- We welcome dinghy cruisers, dinghy racers, windsurfers, canoeinsts and open water swimmers.
- We offer specfic regular training for Junior and youth sailors with strong Optimist and RS Feva Fleets.
- Special member only events and training sessions
- All year round dinghy racing schedule
- Free ‘For Sale’ service
- Online ‘self’ service’ control of your contact, mailing, membership and craft storage information
- Free parking
- Free Camping and Caravanning except for associate members
- Mid week evening race series for dinghy racers during the summer period
Safety on the water. Read the Bowmoor Sailing Club Safety Policy.
Due to the new HMRC rules we have to run 2 Bowmoor Sailing Club clubs. One is Bowmoor Sailing Club and is a CASC. For it to qualify as a CASC then 50% of its members have to fulfil the HMRC participation criteria. We have also set up Bowmoor Sailing Club Supporters to which we want all people who do not reach the very high HMRC participating criteria to join. The costs and benefits of joining both clubs will be identical the only difference is that the CASC members will have enhanced voting rights.
To meet the HMRC criteria then in a full year you have to participate 12 times or more. You can participate by
|Sailing (racing or cruising)||Windsurfing||Canoeing/kayaking|
|Swimming||Training in these activities (as trainee or trainer)||Committee Duties|
|Representing Bowmoor at away events.||Club Duties (including working parties, Come and Try days)|
If you and your family expect to qualify Click Here to Join
If you and your family don’t expect to qualify then Click Here to Join
All monthly subscriptions must be paid by direct debit.